The Herman Agency provides the technical expertise and critical thinking to support clients and their advisors in the analysis, structuring, and implementation of new and existing life, disability and long-term care insurance portfolios. Our command of tax, estate and business concepts and how to optimally integrate this planning with insurance portfolios distinguishes our firm and grants us access to a discriminating clientele. Most importantly, we communicate issues and solutions with clarity and simplicity that is informed by years of experience.
The Herman Agency has an exciting opportunity for a part-time, with potential for full-time, innovative marketing professional in our Oak Brook, Illinois office. We are looking for an individual to create, enhance, and maintain a consistent brand message that reflects our core values and strategic objectives, and positions us as the recognized Thought Leader of our industry.
This position reports to the President, has flexible hours with telecommuting options along with a pro-rated benefits plan. Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and create capabilities packages, proposals, and presentations.
- Design and maintain corporate marketing collateral including brochures, folders, presentations, etc.
- Design and implement print and electronic campaigns.
- Maintain corporate mailing lists.
- Plan and coordinate holiday/client gifts, and special events.
- Plan and coordinate marketing including venue acquisition, equipment set up, etc.
- Perform job-related tasks at marketing events.
- Manage company website including content, photos, blog, and resources.
- Manage and maintain social media platforms and social media campaigns.
- Write and distribute press releases for publications.
- Provide administrative support to agency staff which includes travel arrangements, report generation, etc.
- Produce and execute email-marketing campaigns.
- Maintain corporate calendar
- Identify opportunities for content distribution through print and web
- Create, analyze and review monthly web and social media activity and content
- Maintain security of all passwords
- Review technology and integrate as needed for the advancement of both social media and web presence.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of marketing experience preferred
- Possess excellent writing skills and the ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Has work experience as administrative or executive assistant with a concentration in web, social media advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Technically savvy.
- Understands the power of content marketing.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Possesses functional knowledge or some experience with a CMS system, particularly Word Press.
- Knowledge of basic search engine optimization.
- Knowledge and experience using Google Analytics, and other website tools.
- Knowledge of video and podcasting tools.
- Analytical and results oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project, with vendors, or in a team environment.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization and clients.
- Eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of LinkedIn company pages, groups and publishing.
- Ability to quickly access new digital tools, how they work and what benefits they may offer if integrated into any electronic campaign.
- Insatiable thirst for knowledge.